Thursday, June 7, 2007

MARIONETAS

Whew, what a busy day. First I walked around half the town, at least, with Melissa from California looking for the huge o castel de sao jorge on top of the hill. It is the first castle I have seen that I can imagine living in. Very sparce but very lovely with beautiful views of the whole city. It has nice spacious courtyards and trees and lovely promenades along the edge of the cliff. Even peacocks.
Then I...what? We walked around but everything was closed (it was some sort of holiday apparently) so she couldn't buy a fancy hat for a wedding in September. So we got gelato instead and talked about things that don't work as well as they should. Like the airline industry. She also explained me how seedless watermelons work.
So then we came back and watched Last King of Scotland because it was hot and nothing was open and because it's good, okay? And then I went grocery shopping (goat cheese, bread, yoghurt and...maybe that was it). (Oh yeah! I watermelon! I forgot all about that. I want to eat that right now.) Anyway then I went wandering by my lonesome to osmosize the city. I talked with a guy with messed up teeth and drew a building and wandered around looking at all the streamers and lights and anchovies that people are hanging up.

Or sardines, possibly.

Then i made dinner and went out to see the puppet shows! Which were AMAZING. Amazing. I walked back talking with Marianne, I think was her name, got a little lost, was a little freaked out, and ended up being in the hands of two nice gentlemen who got me to my plaza. Miquel the bus driver even let me on without money (although I did find my money later, while on the bus, because it was in the "fon'del'sac" (the bottom of my bag) and he was like, "Oh, now you have money"). Anyway, he was funny.
Then I came here and started savoring watermelon! Okay, that is all for now.
tchau!

No comments: