Monday, June 4, 2007

Lisboa!

Well! Here I am, arrived in Lisboa, which seems to be a very beautiful city. And full of Portuguese! THAT is exciting! Also very hilly. I met some guy in the airport, now I forget how. Funny, it was just three hours ago...? Ah, in the airport shuttle. I was totally profesh. I was all, "D'onde o sehnor e?" and he was all, "Portugal to the max!" So then he was talking to me in portuguese and he drew me a map of all the places I should visit, including his town so maybe I will go visit him. He owns a bridal store.

I saw a million stores on the way here that I want to check out, and there is this beautiful esplanade that goes right out to the sea. Also it is a little surreal because everybody here is talking to me in English, and I am doing the talking back! My voice sounds higher in english than it does in Spanish, by the way. For those of you who were wondering. Anyway, I don't like it. The english. My voice sounds much better when I speak the little portuguse I know. I talk and I think "Crap, who does that sexy sounding voice belong to? So be saying such beautiful words that voice must be HELLA intelligent."
Oh! I remember. I was going to say that it's really weird because here I am, surrounded by pink people talking english and the radio is playing The Well and The Lighthouse by Arcade Fire. In a way it's nice too, but I'm very aware that my time here is running out. Speaking of which, I had better get out and find some stuff to look at, becasue tomorrow I'm going to Sintra already, if i can find a hotel room.
Much love to all,
me

No comments: