Sunday, November 18, 2007

Qué Suerte!


Man, I have been having such great luck these past few days! Luck like you wouldn't believe! So anyway last night I was wandering around with Joel who needed to go home because he was exhausted but I felt like staying out for awhile because it was Noche de Luces and I wanted to see little kids doing karate and gymnastics and stuff like that but then I decided, well, maybe I'll just hang out at the book fair long enough to see a speaker and happened to sit next to the guy who was leading the talk the night before and we started talking because we were both drawing and taking notes. Then he went up and led the next speakers in the questioning and the answering and it was really fun and amusing because it was the second to last night to everybody was relaxed and the authors from previous nights were in the audience and were asking amusing questions and all. And then afterwards I was talking to several people waiting around for this Martín guy to get his email and stuff and I talked to a lady with one of those peruvian hairless dogs in a dog carrier and then to a guy about a book he had which he proceeded to give me (because he could just get another one from the organizers because he was a participant) and Anyway the short and short of it was that Martín invited me to go get dinner with all the above mentioned peole. And more! And so we went to this nice fancy restaurant and I just got to chill with all these authors and sculptors and talk about books and publishing and our trip and ikea and where they all lived. It was really fun. Afterwards some of us went to a mezcal tasting party and Agustín and I talked about eyebrows. All in all I was stupified by how coincidentally cool it was. And also just how friendly the people here are if you are alone. Geez! Because, well, wait, I'll start another entry above. This is too long.