Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oaxaca: Un estanque koi?


I like Oaxaca! I really do! It has a big colourful market with good huevos rancheros and a guy who talked to us about Día de Muertos, it has some pretty building in pretty colors, it has families picking their little kids up from school and it's full of chocolate! Big piles of chocolate being extruded from grinders and mixed with hot milk and given to me in pretty ceramic bowls. It also has a spaghetti western film marathon going on! ¡Qué coincidencia!

The film thing is being held in this cool walled in courtyard with pretty trees and an "estanque koi" which means koi pond and which I learned from watching The Simpsons here. I talked with the gardiner who told me the names of the trees and flowers and also talked about how he wants to go home to the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, because there everyone is like family (¡Orale!) and the people don't stab you in the back like here in Oaxaca. And also the women know how to cook. And he has two nietos gemelos, twin grandkids, who live there. They younger one is a cabròn for sure, according to him. He owns 10 hectacres there and do I know how much that is? It´s a lot. For sure.

No comments: