Friday, December 7, 2007

"Vendamos" aqui "mofles" desde solo "$480"!

We "sell" "mufflers" here for only "$48"!
Well, it was some price like that. But a true sign that I saw coming into Guadalajara.
Guadalajara is not "nice". By which I mean I don't really like it at all.
The people are unfriendly and unhelpful, it's the dirtiest, smoggiest city I've ever been too and all the buildings are short and square.
I'm actually not sure what's so bad about it, it's just lots of little things. And there's nothing special here.
Guadalajara is not special.
HOWEVER. I do like the name of our hotel, which is HOTEL MEXICO 70 and I do like the nopal cactus that they make here. It's super good. Actually, all the breakfast food here is good. Guadalajara is the breakfast capital! The tortillas are good too. I also liked the park we visited today where the teens were lined up to get their quincieñera fotos taken. I have never seen so many fancy dresses all bunched together like that. Although they can't get too close together because the skirts all take up about a three yard radius. So that was fun to see.
Also they had an aviary so I got to go in and draw the fancy ducks and the big black swan and the parrots and things like that. Actually, I left and then came back in the exit and ended up face to face with the caretaker who told me that the aviary was closed. And maybe if I had come in the entrance I would have known that because it was locked. That was embarassing but then we were talking and he acutally let me stay in there all by myself while he went to go feed some other birds because I, unlike all the school children, who apparently run through, am quiet. And calm. and that's what the birds like. So anyway I got to stay and the huge swan snuck up behind me and made it's cute tiny honking noises while it watched me. It seemed a little lonely. But also happy.

Anyway. Tomorrow on to Mazatlan where we will hopefully visit an island. Or maybe fit in some last boogie boarding because the trip is ALMOST OVER. THIS IS IT!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRA!

I know its tomorrow, just wanted to beat the rush of admirers.

Yikes, your trip is almost over! Seems you guys have been gone forever...meaning we miss your faces! Thank god for your blogs.

Speaking of faces...is there a guy joel somewhereabouts? Is there some reason he cant show his face? Is he wanted for eating all the tacos in Puerto Escondido? Or was it the passing of the 50 pesos awhile back that has him in hiding? Anyway I hope he shows up at your birthday. I know what it is....he probably has grown one of those big Poncho Villa mustaches and is wearing one of those huuge sombrero and a serape. Tell him its ok, just as long as he leaves the sombreo where he found it. Those things are way too tourista, besides takes up way too much space on the wall of your place.

Have fun tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

Feliz cumpleaños Kira querido!!! Espero que usted tenga una celebración fantástica hoy y ésa allí bailará mucho en las calles en honor de su día. Amor, Mila

Kira Nelson said...

Mila tu español va mejorando mucho! Ahora hablas (o escribes) mejor que yo! Estoy muy orgullosa!
Thanks both of you for the good wishes. I have been having a lovely couple of days here in mazatlan. except that joel ducks behind all the t'shirts and knick knacks everytime the angry mob looking for him passes by. can't wait to see you all!
much love,
me

Joel said...

Good breakfast except for the juice that was made with sea water.

Unknown said...

¡Qué tan maravilloso elogio que es - gracias! Pero tengo que admitir que Google ha estado ayudándome con mi español.