Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mazatlán, deer place/Los Mochis, a turtley place




THESE ARE BOTH MAZATLÁN. PRETTY SWEET, HUH? WE COULD ALL DEFINITELY COME BACK HERE. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE INTO BUYING T-SHIRTS WITH SWORDFISH ON THEM. OR EATING BAKED POTATOES AND DIGGING IN THE SAND.

So we finally did the train thing! We road the famous Copper Canyon train this morning! Not for quite as long as we were planning though because an hour into the trip they made the announcement that progress was stopping there and then! No more! And to make it clear the train went backwards all the way back to Los Mochis effectively eraesing all the events of that morning. It was like in the twilight zone. All the people around me started walking backwards into the snack bar car and into their seats, Joel started talking backwards. When we got there we went backwards to the bus and un-ate our pancakes on it. Freaky.
Anyway there was a big ol' landslide across the tracks somewhere so now everybody's just got to take it easy and wait.
So it's funny being here because so many people stare so hard. I feel like I just walked into Black Rock and the locals are about to walk up to me and be like, "Whatreyew doin' here, stranger?"
So anyway hopefully the train will be on it's merry way tomorrow and we can all see canyons and waterfalls and trees and rocks and go home happy. I may have to drag Joel off though if he passes out from heat exhaustion. They literally keep the cabins so warm that my glasses fog up everytime I went back in from standing between cars. Which is the place to be, I tell you. Even just going through flat farmland was cool because you get to lean right out the train and just walk around. It was beauty. So I really hope that it gets fixed and we can go.

THIS IS ALSO MAZATLÁN. THAT'S THE HOUSE THAT I WOULD BUY FOR MOM AND DAD AND THEN ME AND JOEL ON MY BIRTHDAY. I INCLUDE THAT ONE NOT SO MUCH TO ADMIRE MY JUTTING HOLMLUND CHIN AND COMBOVER BUT TO POINT OUT THE GREAT PROGRESS BEING MADE BY JOEL'S CURLY SIDEBURN OVER HIS FACE.

No comments: