Saturday, January 30, 2010

OMG all the snow is melting off the balcony. Today is 36 degrees!



Someone told me a story someone else told them recently. He was asking a guy in a bar about the upcoming elections and what he thought about the candidates. This guy looks around for a way to explain, and pulls out two cigarettes. "These are the candidates," he says. "They are two different cigarettes but they both give you cancer."
We went to the beach recently and it was the best beach I have ever seen. Ever. It was beautiful. As you can see pictures all around.
Georgian Restaurant Menu Delicacies:
1. A red string bean, a nut, greens, the Georgian Seasonings, an onions, garlic
2. Female Quail of Tobacco
3. Language under Mayonnaise
4. An eggplant, a walnut, the Georgian Seasonings
5. Bread the Basket!!!!!!!! (exclamation points not mine)


On another separate note a guy I met told us this story. Imagine it in a scottish accent. "So I went out the other night and ate dinner and then asked where the bathroom was. This guy takes me back through the kitchen into a back room the staff use. It's all piled high with potatoes and onions and is where they store all the food. And there's a hole in the middle of the floor. I'm like, oh god, don't show me that. I just ate here!"
In the photo below maybe you're looking at it wondering if those people out on the pier are going to jump in. They are. Two of them already did. Three of them further down the beach are just walking around with no shirt or pants on.


Hmm, can I include another random quote? "People in this country have no fucking concept of what a sandwhich is."
So I am this close [fingers slightly apart] from getting an apartment. Unfortunately not in the center. We looked at one really close to my friend's house but the guy answered the door in his bathrobe, and was also middle aged, which is widely considered the sketchiest age. So I could see a lot of awkwardness there. My friend was like, "Living there would be a very Russian experience, but I would be more comfortable if
you lived with a girl." I agreed, although it turns out I will probably be living with two brothers who are medical students. I didn't meet them but was assured they are stellar people.
I also looked at a really cute place that I could have to myself for not much more, but I feel it will be better if I don't live alone or I will never associate with anyone. This may force me to meet people. Or I may just hate it. It shouldn't be too bad though because I am taking a pretty huge room. So I look forward to getting that sorted out.
I went to a play with my friend Masha last night, and then went back to their house again and we watched Dazed and Confused and An Education. It's really probably better I'll be moving far away because otherwise I would spend my life at their house and they would get very very sick of me. Oh! Also did I mention John runs a literature club for people learning English and I went to the last meeting and got to meet a LIBRARIAN? It was at a small library that is run by the US consulate or something. I think once I get myself together today and can face a world outside of bed and writing on this blog I will go see her and ask what she does etc. Maybe I should go do that now. Okay I also went out a few days ago and our party went back to another friend's house were the cops came and had to be heavily bribed because we were making too much noise and I didn't have my passport on me. Until later.

I am obsessed with the song Made in the Dark by Hot Chip and Lost Someone sung by Cat Power.

5 comments:

Beck Nelson said...

i found you a great deal ! but you already got that beach so maybe you're set
Продаю бот-программу которая поможет Вам перехитрить аукцион и выиграть, изначально бот создавался для скандинавского аукциона http://internet-aukcion.ru/ но теперь программа может работать с похожими аукционами: gagen ru, vezetmne ru и ещё с десятком.
Программа-бот делает ставки за Вас, т.е. для этого не нужно постоянно сидеть у монитора. Боту можно задать время когда нужно делать ставку, таким образом Вы максимально минимилизируете затраты на ставки, и максимально увеличиваете свои шансы на победу.

Цена программы бот для скандинавских аукционов 20$

Для первых 10 клиентов цена 15$

Всем клиентам бесплатное обновление и поддержка.

За покупками прошу в icq: 588889590 Макс.

Beck Nelson said...

and
http://leidychurchman.com/Dutch.htm

Joel said...

me encanta la foto de las mujeres y el hielo. anoche hablé con Bill y el me dijo algo en Russian y no lo entendí.
No le dijé sobre nosotros porque no quiero romper su corazon.

Tamara said...

So far I have laughed about the menu translation, and showed it to many. My friend Katy immediately got the puzzling "female quail of tobacco" as smoked quail!! Brilliant. Language under mayo still has us all stumped.

Kira Nelson said...

Ah! that one i got right away. Language in many languages is the same word for tongue. english is one of those languages.
and beck i really like that wood stuff. i have a playlist i want to send you and phi. and also, how do i make a simple website like that? are tehre instructions online?