Sunday, July 12, 2009

HAPPY WEDDING ALEX AND CEZANNE!

I am so sad that I missed it, especially for the bad crappy surprise of a day I had. I’m sure it was beautiful and best wishes for the rest of the summer. Also I hope you bought that house.

Good lord.

I take that back. If you want to send me anything please send dried fruits and dry socks and nuts. And a bra that is designed to fit well for 18 hours.

Yesterday was a horrible horrible horrible day. Because everyone promised, again, that it would be a short day and then they crushed my hopes. I mean, it had some upsides, like when I won yet another bet about time predictions, but it finally sank in that this just doesn’t stop. I’ve stopped putting in extra effort because there is just no opportunity to recover, and it doesn’t change when we get to stop anyway. No wonder somebody invented the labor movement. Otherwise how would anyone pay bills or get unsick? We only had like 200.000 pounds of fish (instead of 400.000) but we were all still there until midnight.

Actually what upsets me most was that I like my job and I want to do it well but I’m not being provided with the proper tools. That is, sleep. So even though I feel like I’m getting better my performance is worse or steady.

Anyway, enough complaing. Because before these last few days I was actually having a really good time. I am particularly pleased that I have been able to do some accurate estimations because as we all well know I am not a good judge of anything. However I have consistently been telling people how long I think a hopper of fish will take to process, and they will bet another time against mine and I will win. My job is important enough that I get to feel good, I get to move and think. I’m really really very lucky to have it.

I just found out they were finally going to assign me roommates so I am moving in with the girl who does the bins in the cannery instead. I am sad, because I really love my room and I REALLY love not having a roommate and ESPECIALLY love having smooth white walls, and the place I’m moving into will have wood cabinlike walls, like home.

LIST OF THINGS I AM GLAD I HAVE:

1.    Two pairs of boots because at least one pair is always wet.

  1. All the clothes I have found in the huge boxes of leftover clothes here.

Oh, also my lip skin is all raw and being pulled off from having to wear and remove 4 to 5 bandaids a day to cover my lip ring. But I can’t figure out yet how to take it out. 

3 comments:

Tamara said...

bad crappy days, oh sadness.
wrists for scrubbing or wrists for typing ... your next job you will have to use your nose! or knees.

I would love to send you dried nuts and fruits, or vice versa, but you know I never make it to the post office place. I will try, because I love you.

Tamara said...

also I have to tell musu sube so she will get up on her bed.

Unknown said...

You know what - I have always found you to be an excellent judge of everything and really, really wise. I have quoted you more than once. Loved your description of a typical day. Sounds ghastly and I'm so impressed! You are destined for greatness. I expect you will write a book someday.
I will send you something soon. Salted or not? Sulphites okay?
L&K, Mila